I’m so ready for summer eats! I made this last weekend for a special shower and it turned out so delicious I had to share it. Pasta salad can be simple to make. It just needs great flavor and fresh ingredients to be a refreshing side dish. Our rustic herb seasoning is the perfect compliment to fresh basil leaves and the already fantastic bottle of prepared dressing. I love using Cheese Fantasico because I find Italian dressing a little too tart for pasta salads. I hope you enjoy this one all summer long!
- 2 lbs rotini pasta (cooked, drained, cooled & rinsed)
- 6 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced thin and cut in small pieces)
- 12 – 16 fresh large basil leaves (torn or sliced in chiffonade style)
- 1 bottle Cheese Fantastico dressing by Bernsteins
- 2 – 3 teaspoons RUSTIC HERB SEASONING
- 3 oz grated Parmesan cheese (about ½ a tub)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Prepare dressing by mixing the cheese fantastico, rustic herb seasoning and some salt & pepper together in a medium. Let chill while preparing the pasta ingredients.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and let cool. Chop veggies. Add pasta and veggies to an extra large bowl. Season with some salt & pepper.
- Add the prepared dressing and mix well. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Chill in refrigerator for 2 – 4 hours before serving.
- Right before serving drizzle with olive oil and stir again if you feel the dressing has soaked into the pasta.