My green chili guacamole is one to try! Every time I make it people go crazy trying to find out my secret ingredient which is fire roasted mild green chiles!!! The smoky recipe is below.
Los Angeles Food & Portrait Photographer
- 4 avocados
- 4 oz can of fire roasted mild green chiles
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 - 3 tbsp minced red onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 chipotle peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- a couple dashes cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the avocados. Place them in a large bowl. Mash them if you don't want chunky guacamole (I mash about ½ of them). Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Taste test and adjust as needed. Serve it as a dip with chips or on your favorite Mexican inspired dish! Omit the spicy stuff if you're a wimp!!!